1/30/2012

TEAM VIOLA :) FINALLY THE HELP!!!

Yesterday, the 18th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards took place at the Los Angeles Shrine Exposition Center.  Finally The Help won three awards.
The Help, which came into the show with four nominations, more than any other film, won best movie.  Also earned its star Viola Davis the SAG award for best actress, while Octavia Spencer was named top supporting actress. They both played maids who face discrimination in the film set in Mississippi during the 1960s.
Since the moment I saw the movie I knew it will be a big contender in the award season.  Even though Octavia was the lucky one at The Golden Globes, Viola was recognized these time for her great performance and I am so happy for her.  She deserve it.  I know Meryl Streep is a veteran, and I admire the diversity of roles she had played through out her career, but I am kind of tired of she always winning best actress.  So, it’s the time of others to shine.  Let’s wait for The Oscars to see what happens…


Viola Davis stunning in a Marchesa gown


No comments:

Post a Comment